Pet Sitting Policies for Play Time Pet Care
Rules schmules….I know, it’s no fun to have to play by the rules. Play Time Pet Care has created policies to keep you, your pet and our company safe. Our rules may not fit every family, and we understand that, but it is essential for us to follow our policies to ensure the best care for your pets.
Here are some simple, basic policies to consider when contemplating hiring Play Time Pet Care:
- Dogs must have at least 2 visits per day.
- Cats must have at least 1 visit every 24 hours.
- We do not share jobs with friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
- Pet parents are to provide two (2) copies of keys. Garage codes and openers can be used, but we must have keys as a backup.
- Dogs that are crated when no one is home are to be visited at least 3 times per day.
Here is the down and dirty, nitty-gritty policies:
Client identified below, enters into the agreement with Play Time Pet Care, LLC, its agents, affiliates, contractors, representatives, assistants and/or associates. The contents of the agreement apply to the initial period of time during which services will be rendered, hereinafter referred to as “Service Period,” as well as to any subsequent Service Period’s in the future. Details of the services to be provided are expressed separately – in writing, orally or both – and may be changed from time to time upon Client’s notification and Play Time Pet Care’s subsequent acknowledgment and agreement. Cost of services is based upon Play Time Pet Care’s published rates and fees, which are available for Client’s review, and they are subject to change without notice.
The client agrees as follows:
1. Play Time Pet Care and our employees agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services the client expressly waives any and all claims against us or our employees, unless arising from negligence on the part of Play Time Pet Care. Play Time Pet Care is not responsible for damage to Client’s property caused by Client’s pet(s) during the Service Period. If any neighbor, friend, family member, contractor, or other Client representative enters Client’s home or property during a Service Period, Play Time Pet Care is not responsible for damages or loss to Client’s property.
2. Play Time Pet Care or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed the sitter to allow outside while sitter is not there. This includes pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets.
3. Play Time Pet Care strongly encourages client to maintain legible and accurate identification on pet(s), even if the pet(s) is not normally provided access to the outdoors. Clients should insure that an animal(s), which may be quick to spring from the premise upon the opening of a door or gate, is additionally restrained from the exit. (i.e. Crate, internal door, etc.) If client fails to comply with such reasonable and prudent precautions, then client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless PTPC from the loss of such pet(s).
4. Play Time Pet Care does not diagnose, prognosis, or make therapy, decisions, nor offer veterinary services.
5. Play Time Pet Care is authorized by client to seek emergency veterinary care with release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense.
6. Should specified veterinarian be unavailable, Play Time Pet Care is authorized to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian. Client agrees to reimburse Play Time Pet Care for expenses incurred, plus any additional fee for attending to this need or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies needed.
7. Personal Injury. Client assumes responsibility for injuries and disabilities sustained by Play Time Pet Care caused by clients’ pets and/or home, including, but not limited to, bites, scratches, mauls, hazards, etc. Play Time Pet Care generally does not provide service for aggressive animals. If client misrepresents an animal’s history of aggression, client places Play Time Pet Care at substantial risk and may be liable for significant punitive damages. If any of client’s pets exhibit signs or acts of aggression after client enters this agreement, client is obligated to notify Play Time Pet Care of the incident(s) (a) at once if a service period is pending, or (b) upon requesting future service. Play Time Pet Care’s decision to provide care to an animal(s) following client disclosure of unsatisfactory animal’s behavior does not indemnify client from claims resulting from such animal(s). If Play Time Pet Care takes pet(s) off clients premise(s), client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Play Time Pet Care for any injury or damage which may be caused to others by the actions of clients pet(s), or to clients pet(s) caused by the actions of other animal(s), including, but not limited to, loose or stray dogs.
8. Play Time Pet Care will not walk unruly or untrained dogs. If Play Time Pet Care does agree to walk a pet, all pets must be walked on a leash, no exceptions.
9. Play Time Pet Care will not accept time specific calls, as Play Time Pet Care cannot guarantee specific times accurately.
10. In the event of personal emergency or illness of pet sitter, client authorizes pet sitter to arrange for another employee to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract.
11. In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Play Time Pet Care is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Play Time Pet Care will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions.
12. Client understands that contract also serves as invoice and takes full responsibility for prompt payment of fees. Unless otherwise mutually agreed upon, payment for the first service is due during the consultation visit. Payments for services thereafter are due on the first day Service Period. A late fee of $10.00 will be charged for any invoices that are ten (10) days overdue. Returned checks are subject to a twenty-five dollar handling charge, and may result in cash payment being required (a) in advance for future services and/or to settle and existing outstanding balance. Accounts outstanding more than sixty days from the end of the Service Period may be turned over to a collection agency. Client agrees to pay all costs associated with the employment of such collection agency in obtaining or attempting to obtain the outstanding balance due and applicable late fee(s).
13. Play Time Pet Care reserves the right to deny service or terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate or uncomfortable situations.
14. In the event of a delay in the Client’s return , Client must contact Play Time Pet Care at earliest opportunity. Service Periods may be extended by mutual agreement between Play Time Pet Care and Client by telephone. In case of international travel, cruise ship travel, or emergency situations, in which an emergency telephone call to Play Time Pet Care is not possible or practical, Play Time Pet Care may extend the Service Periods to accommodate the needs of the pets, plants and home for a maximum of seventy-two (72) hours. If no contact is made to Play Time Pet Care within seventy-two (72) hours, Play Time Pet Care, reserves the right to surrender key(s) of the home and the care of its animal inhabitants to a pre-specified Emergency Contact, at which point the Service Period closes.
Recurring daily services, when clients are in town/working long hours and contracted on a weekly basis, a credit will be given for cancelled day to day services.
Vacation daily pet services: If services are cancelled within a 72 hour period of the service start date, the cancellation fee will be 50% of the original invoice amount.
Overnight and Live-in cancellations: If cancellation occurs within 7 days of the service start date the cancellation fee will be 50% of the original invoice amount.
16. No refunds will be granted once services are complete.
17. Solicitation of Play Time Pet Care Sitters: Client agrees that the pet sitter provided by Play Time Pet Care is employed through Play Time Pet Care and is contracted to work only through Play Time Pet Care and not directly through the individual client listed above. Client agrees that all reservations for present and future sitting and dog walking must be made through Play Time Pet Care and not the individual sitter. Client is aware that the Play Time Pet Care sitter may give out their personal number to the client. Client agrees to use this number only in the event of an emergency during which the sitter/walker is already employed directly through Play Time Pet Care for Client. Client agrees that this number shall not be used for any solicitation of future pet sitting or dog walking. Client is aware that should this contract be broken, legal fees and misuse-of-staff charges will apply.
18. Play Time Pet Care We require 2 sets of your house key at the meet and greet. You are more than welcome to ask for them back after services are complete, or we can keep both sets of keys in our office for future services. We will honor a key pick up and drop off for the first 2 service periods at no additional charge. After the second service we will charge a $15 key pick up and drop off fee for each occurrence. No keys, garage door openers, or any other form of entry to your home will be hidden or left on property by either the client or Play Time Pet Care. If a garage code is offered to gain entry to your home, it must be followed up by a key to your home in case of malfunction or power outage. In the event that Play Time Pet Care is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into a client’s premises due to the malfunction of the lock, or failure of Client to provide a functioning key to Play Time Pet Care, it shall be the responsibility of Client to reimburse Play Time Pet Care for all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives Play Time Pet Care the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned circumstance(s).
19. Client agrees to allow Play Time Pet Care pet sitters to take photos of client’s pets to include in updates to the pet parent. We occasionally use these photos on our website and other marketing. By signing this agreement you are allowing Play Time Pet Care to use images of your pets in our marketing and social media outlets.
20. Mandatory Arbitration: If a dispute arises between Play Time Pet Care and the client any action must be attempted to be resolved by either mediation or non-binding arbitration before any legal action is commenced. If either party institutes mediation or arbitration it is agreed that the rules of the American Arbitration Association will govern the proceedings. The parties agree to split mediation and arbitration costs.
21. Attorneys’ Fees. If client commences a legal proceeding to enforce or obtain a declaration of rights under this agreement, and Play Time Pet Care becomes the prevailing party in such proceeding, then Play Time Pet Care shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred in the proceeding from the non prevailing Client, as well as any reasonable attorney’s fees and costs that Play Time Pet Care incurred prior to commencing the proceeding.
22. Severance and Choice of law: If any term or terms of this agreement are deemed invalid or illegal by a court of competent jurisdiction, that term shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona.
I have READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE to, all terms and conditions specified above and have been provided a legible copy of this document.